Anexa Vets provide emergency care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We recommend having a fully stocked lambing kit, that is topped up when needed.
Your lambing/calving kit should have the following (Just in case…)
- Gloves, lubricant and calving and lambing ropes
- Injectable Metabolic treatments – injectable calcium ‘Calpro250’, injectable glucose ‘Glucalphos’
- Oral metabolic treatments – calcium preparations for cows eg. Headstart gold, calol, and energy drenches eg. acetol/ketol
- Antibiotics, painkillers, needles and syringes
- Bearing retainers, or needles and tape
- Rubber rings and applicator
- Iodine navel spray
- Calf scour treatments, rehydration (electrolyte) sachets and drenching tubes for lambs and calves
- Heat lamp or hot box for reheating hypothermic lambs and calves
- Lamb covers/jackets
- Powdered colostrum and milk powder
Any questions or concerns, give us a call, we’re here to help.