Now that it is officially Spring, our pets will be soon shedding their winter coats. Before you start pulling your hair out, here are a few tips to help deal with all of that excess cat hair!
1. Start from the inside out! Like our hair, your cat’s coat is a reflection of what he eats. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids help build a glossy coat and may reduce excess shedding. Ask your Anexa FVC Vet about appropriate diets or supplements.
2. Brush your pet regularly – Brushing your pet twice a week will significantly cut down on the amount of hair rolling through your house. It is also important to use the right brush for your pet’s type of coat. Have a chat with the Anexa FVC staff to see what they recommend.
3. Lint rollers are super handy – Ever sat down on the couch, only to find when you get up again you are covered in pet fur? Lint rollers can solve this problem quickly- a quick roll over your clothing and you’re good to go. We stock these along with refills at most Anexa FVC clinics.
4. So how do you remove that fur from your couch easily? Rubber gloves. Put on the rubber gloves, moisten them with a sprinkle of water. Then wipe the hair in the problematic areas – the rubber gloves will act like a magnet to hair.
5. Hair balls – Your cat could be suffering from its excess hair, too. Do you notice your cat coughing or throwing up hair balls? Talk to your vet about putting them on a supplement or special diet to help manage the problem.