- Values and people driven business
- Casual role supporting our Anexa Veterinary Clinics
- Fun and varied position with no two days being the same
Our Values: Think Team, Do the right thing, Challenge, Commit and Deliver
Anexa Veterinary Services has 11 veterinary clinics across the Waikato and Hauraki Plains providing services to family pets, and both dairy and drystock farmers. Each of our clinics is unique but at Anexa we are one team.
About the role
We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic, reliable, and passionate Vet Nurses to support our 11 Anexa veterinary clinics on a casual basis. We need your assistance during times of increased workload or cover for sick and annual leave of our permanent staff. Joining the Anexa team in a casual position is all about flexibility, giving you more time to do the things you enjoy. The hours of work are, when necessary, Monday to Friday with the opportunity to join the Morrinsville or Thames Saturday morning roster. This is a great role for someone who is looking for a full day’s work, or somebody who needs flexibility with childcare/school hours or other commitments.
- Providing exceptional face to face customer service with our Companion Animal clients.
- Being the first port of call for our vets during consults and surgery.
- Being the first port of call for all our clients over the phone and booking in companion animal calls.
- Surgical support, anaesthesia, patient monitoring, and treatment.
- Being an integral part of the day to day running of the clinic.
- Admitting and discharging pets and communicating with clients.
- Ensuring the clinic is always clean and sparkling for our valued customers.
This role will suit someone that has a qualification, or be studying towards a qualification in Vet Nursing, or long-term practical experience in Vet Nursing. Due to the nature of this role, flexibility in location and times of work is essential. This is a fun role as you get to travel around to various clinics and meet lots of different people within a supportive team.
- You will have a qualification, or be studying for a qualification in Vet Nursing, or have long-term practical experience in Vet Nursing.
- You will be a team player and dedicated to providing the best customer service to all clients.
- You will be reliable, flexible and have a can-do approach to any task.
- You will be computer literate and have excellent written and verbal skills.
In return, we can offer you
- Paid induction and training days.
- Competitive hourly wage, mileage contributions, Kiwisaver and 8% Holiday Pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Staff purchasing privileges. Conditions apply.
- Free vaccinations for seasonal flu.
- Ongoing career development, coaching, and support through our internal training hub.
- Stability within a diverse business that is growing and values their people.
- Trusting, motivated and friendly team, where knowledge and support can be drawn from across all 11 clinics.
If you are somebody looking for part time work around your Vet Nurse Studies, or somebody who needs flexibility with childcare/school hours or other commitments, please apply today and we can discuss days and hours of work to suit you.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a Cover Letter directly via this advert. We are looking forward to hearing from you!