Hoof Care Services
Overgrown hooves can cause discomfort and lead to lameness problems including:
- Locomotion restrictions. A shortened stride can develop where the back claw falls short of the front claw placement.
- A change in speed or rhythm. Is an early indication of lameness – when a cow slows down and ends up further back in the herd.
- Weight bearing changes. Long toes can lead to ‘sinking’ into the claw leading to tendon extension.
Cows that become lame are far more likely to be lame the following season.
If a cow has been lame; treating her at the time properly and resetting the hoof shape (hoof trimming) is important preventative care.
Book Anexa’s lameness prevention services
Use the form below or give your local Anexa clinic a call 0800 284 3838.
Preventing lameness by identifying and recording problem hooves for intervention.
- Milking visit – convenient time
- Certified & experienced Technician
- Includes whole herd check, report with hoof trimming estimate and potential savings based on DairyNZ’s cost calculator
Preventing lameness by resetting the hoof shape for improved mobility & reduced lameness risk.
- Evenly distribute the weight
- Comfortable standing & better stability
- Improved cow flow
We will trim your cows safely, efficiently and with minimum stress.
- Certified & experienced hoof trimmer
- Hydraulic crush for safety & comfort
- All hooves lifted & checked
Heathy Hoof Consulting
Risk assessment of farm tracks, shed layout and management on farm. Risk factors are identified recommendations made to prevent lameness.
Request a technician service
Request a booking by filling out the information below.
For more information regarding lameness