23 (Tuesday) 8:00 am - 25 (Thursday) 5:00 pm
Anexa Vets Morrinsville, 25 Moorhouse Street, Morrinsville
25 Moorhouse Street
$2,500 ex gst (4 days)
Want to improve your skill in helping clients manage bulk tank SCC, clinical mastitis or inhibitory substance grading problems? Want to improve your understanding of epidemiology, bacteriology, management and
Want to improve your skill in helping clients manage bulk tank SCC, clinical mastitis or inhibitory substance grading problems?
Want to improve your understanding of epidemiology, bacteriology, management and control of mastitis?
Want to provide services to Fonterra and be paid for your work under demerit relief?
If so, the advanced mastitis course is for you.
This course will be led by leading New Zealand mastitis experts including Dave Hawkins, Scott McDougall, Michael Shallcrass and John Penry.
This course will provide you with the skills, understanding and processes to effectively manage mastitis problems on New Zealand dairy farms.
What you will learn
- Milking machine components, function and interaction with the cow
- How to undertake a ‘grade bust’ and follow-up milking management visit to identify and correct underlying problems
- How to write effective reports that farmers read and act on and that meet the reporting requirements for demerit relief
- How to establish a mastitis investigation/management service in your business
Benefits for you and your business
- Accreditation to provide mastitis control services to Fonterra suppliers and access demerit relief (after the Day 4 course)
- Establishment of effective mastitis management services in your business
- Confidence in managing complex mastitis cases
When: Days 1 – 3: 23rd – 25th November 2021, Day 4: Date & venue to be confirmed
Please bring your gumboots, overalls, and a laptop (not essential). Limited to 12 participants; Register now!
Please book your own accommodation if required.
Milking Machine Workshop Day | 26th November 2021
Enhance your skills further with the Milk Machine Workshop Day. An optional extra day of the Advanced Mastitis Course, or a one day workshop for those who have done the Advanced Mastitis Course previously.
- An in-depth exploration of liner design, function and assessment
- Applied milking physiology
- Detailed assessment of milking machine components that influence mastitis risk
- Lab-based training in milking machine performance testing and toolkit (Commercial machine testing unit and VaDia)
- When: 26th November 2021
- Price: $500 ex GST
PLEASE NOTE: This event is now full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to register for the next course.