Month Long Event (june)
See chart below
This practical, hands-on workshop is made up of a series of modules. The workshop has been designed for small groups with lots of opportunity for practical learning on-farm. Your choice of
This practical, hands-on workshop is made up of a series of modules. The workshop has been designed for small groups with lots of opportunity for practical learning on-farm.
Your choice of day
The workshop is available to book on your farm weekdays from 7th June, bookings are essential
Time: 1 hour per module. Flexible time and date from 7th June (please select preferred date & time below)
Your choice of venue
Host your own workshop for your staff or team up with a neighbour. (we come to you)
Your choice of modules
Choose your modules depending which modules are most relevant to your farm and team, you can mix and match to equip your staff with the skills and knowledge needed.
- Metabolics and down cows: three most common metabolic diseases, how to recognise them and which treatment options are available for each including care of down cows
- Calving: stages of calving, when to intervene (what’s normal), different presentations, after-care options, prolapse uterus and retained membranes
- Calf rearing and scours: care for newborns, colostrum management, rumen development, shed set up and hygiene, recognising ill calves including most common problems and their treatment and calf
- Mastitis: what it is, what causes it, how to recognise it, treatment options and prevention methods. How to RMT (rapid mastitis test) and take a sterile milk sample.
- Lameness: what is lameness, how to recognise it, treatment options including restraint and prevention including cow flow and cow behaviour
|Number of modules||Time||Workshop Group Price (+GST)|
|1||1 hour||$450 members, $600 non members|
|2||2 hours||$450 members, $600 non members|
|3||3 hours||$600 members, $750 non members|
|4||4 hours||$750 members, $900 non members|
|5||5 hours||$900 members, $1050 non members|
- Group size = Price covers 6 partcipants. $100 each thereafter.
- Travel fee additional.
- This workshop is not part of Anexa’s Milk Match offering.
Workshop includes an information booklet for each participant.
If you are interested in more advanced modules, please let us know and this can be arranged at a later date.
Workshops will be available to start from the 7th June.
To register your interest, please fill out the form below.
Register your farm for a 102 Farm staff training workshop